mobiefit BODY programs are designed to give you the benefits of working out in the comfort of your home. Fitness icons Bani J, who’s knwon for her body transformation from skinny to fit is your own personalized trainer, who will show you just what it takes to utilize your home-workouts to the max. In this video Bani shows you the right way to do the Divebomber pushup.
The divebomber pushup takes a classic pushup and turns it into a full-body challenge.This pushup trains your hamstring, back and shoulder flexibility, as well as strengthens your chest, triceps and core. But if you are trying to attempt a divebomber pushup then you should start by mastering the standard pushup so you have the needed strength and stability to progress.
- Start by getting into the downward dog position with your hands and feet planted on the mat and your buttocks should be pushed towards the ceiling. You need to form an inverted “v” on the mat to begin with.
- Your hands should be placed slightly wider than your shoulders and your back should be aligned rather than hunched. Keep your heels pressed and stretch your legs still you feel your hamstrings becoming taut.
- Now lower your shoulders and bring your chest to brush the ground as if you are preparing for a dive.
- When your chest is nearing the ground, lower your shoulders and swoop through your arms as your chest arches and look towards the ceiling. Hold this for 2-3 seconds.
- Reverse the movement slowly and get back to the starting position. If you are beginning start with 2 sets of 10 reps each and once you build up upper body strength you can work up to a set of 5 with 10 reps each.