Somedays, there’s just no running away from workplace fatigue. Your lifestyle, late nights and unsettled sleep combine to make your office day a tiresome activity. Erratic food and sleep cycle also contribute to this workplace fatigue syndrome. But yoga can be your best friend, energizing you, boosting your stamina and protecting your immune system. A therapeutic asana to beat fatigue, the best part about standing pawanmuktasana is that you can perform it anywhere even in your workplace.
Standing pawanmuktasana also provides an excellent stretch to your legs, which are prone to getting cramped due to long hours of sitting at your workplace. It opens up the lower body, and gives your back stability to make sure it can support your head when using a computer for long hours. Neck tension is the primary source of stress build up in adults, and a strong back eases the stress on your neck and shoulders.
- Stand straight keeping your feet together.
- While inhaling, bend your right leg at your knee and as you exhale lift your right knee as high as you can.
- Inhale again and as you exhale clasp your knee with your hands. Depending on your flexibility reach your knees to your belly or your chest.
- Hold this position for as long as you can and take deep event breaths. Focus on your breathing in this final pose.
- To release, slowly bring your leg down and repeat five times. Repeat on the other side.
Word of caution
While it’s a great stress-reliever, avoid the pawanmuktasana if you have high blood pressure, hyperacidity, heart disease, hernia, or any disorder related to the testis. Additionally, it’s not recommended for those who have a slipped disc, or have a neck and back problem.